Traffic Impact / Environmental Studies
We are well trained and highly effective in analysing potential impacts created by new or modified developments, and developing creative solutions that our clients can implement. TJKM’s Traffic Impact Studies (TIS) services typically include identifying LOS deficiencies, recommending alternative circulation systems, producing forecasts using transportation models, and providing mitigation measures for traffic impacts associated with a proposed development. TJKM has conducted more than 3,000 traffic impact studies as part of EIRs or as separate analyses. We routinely attend city council and planning commission meetings to present our findings and recommendations. We are proud to have a successful track record of achieving accord between the developer’s vision and the best interests of the community.
TJKM has successfully contributed to EIRs for a variety of projects that are both CEQA and NEPA compliant. TJKM works with environmental and planning firms and directly with public agencies to assist in the approval of development proposals. Our goal is to develop mitigation measures that will minimize the impact of a development on the surrounding transportation system and, ultimately, the environment.
TJKM provides transportation studies related to the environmental approval process for all types of land uses, including: freeways (PSRs/PRs), mixed-use, industrial, residential, office, retail, agricultural, institutional and more.
- Mervyn’s Site Mixed Use Development, Hayward
- Downtown Specific Plan Environmental Impact Report, Lafayette
- Mountain View High School Traffic Impact Study, Mountain View
- Los Altos High School Traffic Impact Study, Los Altos
- Foothill-De Anza Moffett Campus Traffic Impact Study, Sunnyvale
- River Island Environmental Impact Study, Lathrop
- Marina Cove II Residential Development Traffic Study, Alameda
- Drive-through Starbucks and Retail Center Traffic Impact Study, Antioch
- Traffic Planning and Engineering for Pacific Commons Development, Fremont
- Traffic and Parking Analysis for Pacific Commons Area 5, Fremont
- Traffic Study for Proposed Bike Park, Lafayette
- Traffic Impact Study for Whole Foods, Lafayette
- Tri-Valley Learning Center Charter School Traffic Impact Study, Livermore
- Traffic Impact Study for Proposed CVS Pharmacy and Office Development, Los Gatos
- Traffic Impact Study for Proposed Medical Office Development, Los Gatos
- Traffic Operations Analysis and Signing / Striping Design for Gunn High School, Palo Alto
- Site-wide Traffic Study for SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Campus, San Mateo County
- Traffic Impact Analysis for Fulcrum Development, West Sacramento